Location - CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
Frequently Asked Questions
* MAIN QUESTION : " HOW LONG DOES IT LAST ? " This is the # 1 question that has been asked so I thought I would give a more descriptive answer. First off lets establish if you are speaking of how long the wig itself lasts or how long the application of the wig lasts ? The latter truly depends on the person wearing it. Different people have different lifestyles and body chemistry so there is no one correct answer.
* If you do not completely follow my instructions after it is applied you may not get desirable results. If you do follow my instructions the application itself may then last anywhere from 10 to 45 days. Lasting times vary, It mainly depends on the person wearing it.
* The wig itself can last years when worn OCCASIONALLY in conjunction WITH PROPER MAINTENANCE and CARE.Pulling tugging and scratching your lace can shorten its life span. Curling and flat ironing at very hot temperatures can burn the hair out and also shorten its lifespan. Hair that is of a higher quality lasts longer than others.Virgin Remy hair costs more, but will keep its pliability and luster longer than regular Remy hair.
1. ) What is a full lace wig ? It's a wig made with thin but sturdy lace material. Individual strands of hair are hand-tied and knotted for security to this lace which is called a base. This is designed to create a realistic looking hairline. The lace is trimmed to match the skin after purchase. When properly worn with special adhesive, the hairline can be so realistic looking it is virtually undetectable. Hair appears hair growing from the scalp. It resembles a lot of celebrity hair styles. It is the perfect choice for someone wanting a natural look.
2.) Can I wear it in a ponytail ? YES, It can be worn in ponytail or up do.
3.) Can I straighten or curl it ? YES, ceramic irons are best.low to medium setting.
4.) Does it feel heavy ? NO, it is very light weight.
5. ) Can I go swimming or workout and sweat with this wig on ? YES, you can do your usual activities with this wig on. Only avoid swimming or getting it wet with sweat for 24 to72 hours after applying adhesives and tapes. I suggest that while working out you use a scarf, or bandana to catch the perspiration. You must do this each time & change it as it gets too wet. This is also good to do when doing any strenuous activities & such. It prevents the wetness from building up around the perimeter of your wig that can loosen it. However I do not recommend swimming in it unless it has been sewn or tacked on, or unless you have grown very accustomed to wearing it. Do not try to re adjust or reposition it after it has been wet.
6). If a person has experienced hair loss due to illness, is this the right wig to buy ? YES. It is the most natural hair replacement that you can purchase. I also customize the lace units to fit each individual, so during your consult we can discuss what works best for you.
7.) When can I expect my wig to be finished ? Custom wigs are usually ready in 4 to 6 weeks or for an extra fee a 30 day rush order can be placed !
In stock wigs are ready at the salon the same day of your appointment Or in as little as 3 to 5 days.
8.) Can I dye or highlight it a different color ? YES, your unit can be dyed any color you want.
9.) If I buy a wig, stock or custom, can I return it if I don’t like it ? No. because of the nature of the purchase, All sales are final for hygienic reasons.
10.) How long will the wig last ? Most wigs can last years with proper care.
11.) How do I take care of it ? Always make sure the hair is tangle free at night. Sleep with a satin/silk bonnet or scarf. Straight yaki units can be wrapped or pulled back in a soft ponytail. Wave units should be detangled and braided at night for manageability.
12.) How long does the application last ? It depends on your body chemistry; and also what method of applying the unit you choose. Each person is an individual with a different lifestyle and such. Roughly speaking anywhere from 10 to 30 days maybe longer, But remember it depends on the individual.
*NOTICE* If you are asking me lots of questions trying to learn my techniques please know, That I do give private classes, you do not have to be a stylist to take my class. and I also give instructional application appointments. please check my website or ask me for the details